Project Assistant (NOA/SSA)
Détail du projet
The World Health Organization’s mission: to promote health, keep the world safe, and serve the vulnerable. Working through offices in more than 150 countries, WHO staff work side by side with governments and other partners to ensure the highest attainable level of health for all people.
À propos de l’offre d’emploi
GradeNo gradeContractual ArrangementSpecial Services Agreement (SSA)Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days)3 moisJob PostingMay 10, 2023, 9:32:24 AMClosing DateMay 25, 2023, 12:59:00 AMPrimary LocationCongo, The Democratic Republic of the-KinshasaOrganizationAF_COD Democratic Republic of CongoScheduleFull-timeIMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.Project Assistant
The AFRO Leadership Program has been implemented in several countries. The minister of health requested that the program be implemented in DRC to support health leaders’ development. The strain on WHO human resources due to the pandemic responses (covid-19 and Ebola) has left the country office overstretched. To effectively implement the Leadership Program, WHO seeks to recruit a national junior consultant/s to support the program planning, implementation, and assessment over the next 3 months.
- Scope of Work
Under the direct supervision of AFRO TAI, the consultant will support effective delivery of the Leadership Program activities in DR Congo, as well as supporting the WHO country office the day-to-day programme support. This including planning, delivering and reviewing program activities.ResponsibilitiesHe will work in close cooperation with DRC staff members and will communicate with the regional office in discharging his/her assigned duties and responsibilities as outlined below
- Act as focal point in the planning, implementation, and assessment of program activities.
- Implements the leadership training needs assessment and analyses survey data.
- Organizes training sessions: venue, training materials and other necessary arrangements for the participants to attend in the training.
- Develops of communication products for the program as well as relevant materials for use in meetings, correspondence and briefing sessions;
- Assist with administrative processes for the program and propose solutions to administrative issues that may arise;
- Follow up with program participants to ensure they meet the program requirements.
- Assists in country office effort to mobilise resources for the program
- Prepares and submits the training reports for each cohort and a compilation report of cohorts with photographs of the participants.
- Submits the final training documents and provide information for input in the TA monitoring system.
- Assist in conducting open document research on training and leadership in DRC, in order to provide inputs to the program
- Other duties as may be assigned by the WHO representative.
- Core Competencies: Teamwork: Producing results; Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences; Communication; Moving forward in a changing environment Required Skills.
- Education: University degree in social sciences, business administration, public administration and/or project management.
- Professional experience: At least 1 year of professional experience in similar projects, with strong preference for change management projects; Experience in data collection, analysis and reporting activities; Previous experience in project administration; Previous experience in working with multi-cultural teams will be an asset; Excellent computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc); excellent communications and presentation skills; Excellent time management and prioritization skills with the demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Previous experience with WHO;
- Fluent in French and in English
- Notes for records, program datasets and workshop reports available
- Communication materials in support to TA initiatives
- Program training sessions are organised.
Type de contrat: SSAGrade: NOADurée: 3 mois.
Cliquez ici pour postuler : https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2304140